We are looking for an independent, creative, problem solver that can thrive in a team environment.
Our ideal candidate would be a highly-skilled/experienced Senior Game Programmer who is able to lead a team of programmers. You could be developing our in-house game engine VRAGE 2.0, games such as Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers, or new, unannounced projects. Keen Software House is an independent international game development studio based in Prague, Czech Republic.
Keen Software House is seeking new colleagues who strive for technical and artistic excellence.
- Lead a team of programmers.
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and help them grow as professionals by providing feedback and job assessment.
- Provide guidance in establishing “best practices” for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Navigate problems that arise and provide actionable solutions.
- Establish workflow, in collaboration with other internal teams, to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Planning and evaluation of the work performed by your team.
- Provide solutions to resolve complex programming problems.
- Create project timelines, estimations to complete specific programming tasks/objectives, and be committed to meet them.
- Skilled and experienced programmer on Windows platform (+5 years)
- At least 1 shipped AAA title for PC or consoles (XBOX360, XBOXOne, PS4)
- Knowledge of C# and C++
- Intermediate English
- Responsible, well organized, good time management
- Friendly, curious, creative
- Leadership or management experience
- Don´t be a C-player: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-an-A-player-and-a-B-player-in-the-context-of-recruiting/answer/Scott-Wainner?srid=Du06
Considered a plus:
- Game development experience – hobby or professional
- Experience in designing and maintaining desktop applications
- Experience with back-end development / front-end development
- Experience with DirectX or OpenGL
- Experience with design patterns, unit testing, UI design
- Experience with graphics programming, game networking architectures, low level optimization, etc.
- Advanced math and physics knowledge
- Interest in science and space research
- Avid gamer
- A unique, International team
- A friendly environment without a corporate approach
- Work on already very successful games
- Incentive system benefits – bonuses
- Modern and comfortable offices in Prague (Orangeria – https://oranzerie.cz/ ) with coffee, tea, healthy snacks, and much more!
- Unlimited home office
- Possibility of (fully) remote cooperation, or a relocation package
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Company breakfasts and other company events (BBQ, parties, workshops,…)
- Dedicated time for studying