Finally, after 5 years and more than 4 million sold copies, the waiting is over! Starting today, you can play Space Engineers on Xbox!
Space Engineers Ultimate Edition 2019 ($29.99 USD) – BUY HERE
The Space Engineers Ultimate Edition 2019 includes all of the DLCs for Space Engineers, all the decorative blocks and cosmetic items released in 2019 on PC, but not including Frostbite DLC released in March 2020.
Space Engineers Base Version ($19.99 USD) – BUY HERE
The Space Engineers Base Version is the vanilla version of the game with no cosmetic DLC.
What’s inside the Xbox version?
We strived to bring all of the key features from the PC version to the Xbox. However, these are the main differences:
- Xbox One and Xbox One S will support 2 player multiplayer (lobby)
- Xbox One X will support 4 player multiplayer (lobby)
- No dedicated servers (*we are looking into the possibility of supporting dedicated servers in the future)
- Xbox One X features higher graphic settings (improved texture quality, better models, improved post processing) compared to the Xbox One S and original Xbox One.
- Only a safe mode on Xbox (experimental features are not enabled on Xbox)
- Mods are not supported (e.g. scripts, textures, blocks, animations)
- Running scripts in programmable blocks are not supported
- Save games and config are stored in cloud for each user separately
- Some large asteroids are not available
- Unknown signals are not supported
- Official translations: English, Russian Chinese
- All Armors cost 2 PCUs
- Third party scenarios are not supported
- Official supported scenarios: First Jump, Learning to Survive & Never Surrender
- Not supported: Lost Colony
You can share your safe-mode worlds and blueprints with other players. You can upload your creations right from the game or from any browser, in case you want to move them from PC.
We’ve also added the brand new feature, Workshop Browser for Xbox, which will help you with discovery and subscribing to the worlds and blueprints.
This was made possible by awesome cooperation with mod.io platform. Thank you guys!
Future of Space Engineers on Xbox One
We plan to keep updating, developing and supporting the Xbox One version of Space Engineers, just like we have been doing for the PC version for the past 6+ years. This means that we will be releasing all major updates and DLCs. First one will be the Frostbite DLC. We are finalizing the first hot-fix for the Xbox release of Space Engineers. We expect this hot-fix will go live in the mid May